A delicious and easy appetizer. It serves four people with two bruschetta per person.
Time: about 25 minutes
8 slices French baguette, about 1/2” thick
5 fresh plum tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
10 fresh basil leaves
4 oz mozzarella cheese
ground black pepper
1. Shred mozzarella cheese and set aside.
2. Wash and finely dice tomatoes.
3. Wash and mince basil. Mince garlic.
4. In a large bowl, combine garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.
5. Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
6. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for about 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
7. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
8. Top the baguette slices with mozzarella cheese.
9. Broil until the cheese is melted.