Time: about 45 minutes
1 lb carrots
3 oz potatoes
1 medium sized yellow onion
1 1/2 red jalapeño peppers
2 tbsp butter
3 1/4 cups vegetable broth
7 oz sour crème
1 tsp honey or agave nectar
2 sprigs cilantro
1. Peel and slice carrots, potatoes and onions.
2. Wash and seed red jalapeño peppers. Finely chop one jalapeño pepper. Cut the 1/2 jalapeño pepper in slices and put aside.
3. Heat butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, potatoes, onions, and chopped jalapeño. Sauté until onions are translucent (about 8-10 minutes).
4. Add vegetable broth. Cover and simmer until carrots are very soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
5. Puree soup and return soup to same saucepan.
6. Add sour crème and bring shortly to broil.
7. Mix in honey or agave nectar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Wash and finely chop cilantro leaves.
9. While serving, transfer the carrot soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeño pepper.