Time: about 15 minutes
8 slices whole grain or multi-grain bread
2 fresh yellow bell peppers
2 fresh red bell peppers
8 oz feta cheese
5 oz pitted Kalamata olives
4 medium sized lettuce leaves
2 soft avocados
4 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1. In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, olive oil, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir well and set aside.
2. Wash, seed and slice yellow bell peppers into strips.
3. Wash, seed and slice red bell peppers into strips.
4. Peel and finely chop shallot.
5. Slice olives.
6. Slice feta cheese in 8 thin slices
7. Pit and slice avocados into 1/4” thick pieces.
8. Toast bread.
9. Lightly brush olive oil herb mixture on all 8 bread slices, one side only.
10. On 4 toasts, layer sandwich as follows: yellow peppers, shallot, 2 slices feta cheese, red peppers, olives, lettuce, avocados.
11. Close sandwich and cut in half diagonally.