Time: about 5 minutes
2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 TBSP butter
1 sweet apple (click here for more information on apples in FCD)
1/2 cup water
1 TBSP tahini (sesame paste)
1 TBSP agave nectar (or honey)
1. In a non-stick pan heat butter over medium heat.
2. Add oats and brown lightly. Stir occasionally.
3. Meanwhile wash and shed apple.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and shredded apple, stir well.
5. Cover and simmer until oats are tender (about 1 – 3 minutes).
6. Add tahini and agave nectar, stir and serve warm.
– season with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– add 1/4 cup raisins