Spaghetti with meatballs’, the classic pasta dish is not allowed with Food Combining. However, there is a large variety of hearty pasta dishes to choose from. The following recipe with aromatic feta cheese is one of them.
Time: about 30 minutes
1 lb pasta (short shape)
7 oz feta cheese, diced
7 oz grape tomatoes, washed and quartered
5 oz black olives, pitted and sliced
1 medium sized onion, diced
10 oz baby spinach, washed (or frozen spinach)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until done; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add spinach, stir and sauté until spinach is done.
- Stir in olives and tomatoes, and let rest on low temperature until heated through. (Do not cook the tomatoes.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in feta cheese.
- Distribute pasta on plates and top with sauce.