Time: about 20 minutes
1 large fennel bulb
1 lb tri-color Rotini pasta
1 – 2 garlic cloves
1 cup heavy cream
1. In a large stockpot bring 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil. Stir in pasta; partially cover, and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 10 minutes or until the pasta is almost done, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta in a colander.
2. While the pasta is cooking, wash and trim the fennel. Cut fennel bulb in quarters lengthwise; cut each quarter into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
4. Mince garlic cloves.
5. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
6. Sauté garlic but don’t let it turn brown.
7. Add fennel. Simmer for about 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Add cream, season to taste with paprika and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Combine fennel and sauce with the drained pasta. Stir to coat the pasta evenly and serve immediately.