Time: about 15 minutes
4 fresh figs, washed and stems cut off
4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
½ cup goat cheese
1 TBSP honey
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup olive oil
pepper, freshly ground
- Lightly oil a small baking pan.
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and set your oven to broil.
- Apply two crossing incisions in the top of the figs (the stem end).
- Slightly open up the fig and fill with goat cheese.
- Drizzle with ½ teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon olive oil (Keep the remainder of the honey, lemon juice and olive oil for the salad dressing.)
- Broil in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes or until goat cheese slightly browned.
- In a cup combine the rest of honey with lemon juice and still well.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the arugula with the oil, add the the lemon juice honey mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss and taste for seasoning.
- Distribute arugula salad on four plates.
- Place grilled figs on salad and serve warm.