A quick and easy snack or breakfast.
This recipe makes about 36 bite-sized muffins. The mini-muffins freeze well for about 2 months in freezer bags. On a busy morning, just take the muffins out of the freezer and warm them briefly in the microwave.
Makes: 36 bite-sized muffins
Time: about 10 minutes
1 ½ cups Greek-style yoghurt, plain
½ cup quick oats, uncooked
½ cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 large banana, mashed
1 fresh vanilla pod, only the seeds (you may replace this with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract )
1 ¼ cup spelt or all-purpose flour
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 baking soda
½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, oats, sugar, vanilla pod seeds and egg yolks. Stir well and set aside for about 5 minutes for the oats to soften.
- Preheat oven to 365° F.
- Stir in mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt-oat mixture and stir well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups each with about a tablespoon of batter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.