If you leave out the prosciutto it makes a flavorful vegetarian dish.
Time: about 25 minutes
1 lb Spaghetti
5 oz Prosciutto slices. Cut (ripped) into 1/2-inch pieces (keep some for garnish)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Clove of garlic, minced
2 Yellow onions, finely chopped
3 Egg yolks, beaten
5 fl oz Heavy cream
2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix beaten eggs yolks and heavy cream.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
4. Add minced garlic, and cook for 1 additional minute.
5. Add egg cream mix and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
6. Add cooked and drained (and still warm) spaghetti. Toss to coat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Quickly add Parmesan cheese, prosciutto, salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
8. Serve immediately and garnished with some prosciutto.