This recipe makes a tasty side dish or, if combined with our FCD Tzatziki sauce, a satisfying low-cost main dish. The Hokkaido squash is easy to prepare as the peel is edible.
Time: about 50 minutes
1 medium Hokkaido squash, seeds removed, cut into wedges
3 large organic potatoes, washed, cut into wedges
¼ cup olive oil
1.5 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika
2 tbsp gomashio (toasted sesame salt)
- Preheat oven at 400° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash on one half of the baking sheet and the potatoes on the other.
- Brush the olive spice-oil mixture onto the squash and potato wedges.
- Sprinkle the gomashio over the squash.
- Bake at 400° F for about 30 – 40 minutes or until squash and potatoes are golden brown.
Add 3 minced garlic cloves to the spice-oil mixture.