This makes a colorful and tasteful side dish. It also makes a great base for add-ins such as neutral cheeses (feta cheese, goat cheese, etc.).
Time: about 20 minutes
1 Cauliflower, raw, large head, washed and broken up into florets
1 Cup loosely packed fresh baby spinach (not frozen!)
1 Teaspoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoons sour cream or Greek yoghurt
1 Garlic clove, minced
1. In a medium sized pot bring 1 cup of water to a simmer. Add the cauliflower florets, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender.
2. Drain and discard all of the water. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan heat the olive oil to medium heat and sauté the garlic for about a minute.
4. Add the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt.
5. Transfer garlic and spinach to a food processor.
6. Add the steamed cauliflower, the butter and sour cream and process to your desired texture.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.