A light and tasty salad dish for warm summer days.
Time: about 30 minutes
1 lb baby arugula
1 lb fresh white or green asparagus
7 oz cherry tomatoes
7 oz fresh mushrooms
1 medium sized fennel bulb
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Wash the asparagus and trim off the fibrous ends.
2. Simmer the asparagus in 3/4 cup of water with a pinch of salt until tender (about 10-13 minutes). Drain, and quarter the asparagus.
3. Wash arugula leaves.
4. Wash and half tomatoes.
5. Clean, stem and slice mushrooms.
6. Wash, trim and chop the fennel. Finely chop the tender green and put aside for the dressing.
7. In a large bowl combine lemon juice, chopped fennel greens, olive oil, ketchup and mustard. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Add tomatoes, asparagus and mushrooms.
9. Fold in arugula and distribute salad on plates.