Time: about 40 minutes
2 cups diced turnips (1 inch cubes)
1 1/2 cups diced parsnips (1 inch cubes)
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP pepper
1 TSP maple syrup
2 TSP Dijon mustard
2 TSP chopped curled parsley
1. Combine olive oil with salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Add turnips and parsnips cubes and stir until the root vegetables are coated.
3. Preheat oven to 425 F.
4. Put cubes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
5. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, then toss and cook additional 15 minutes until all the roots are soft.
6. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard and parsley.
7. Before serving, add the mustard mixture over the cubes and mix to coat well.
Replace all or a portion of the parsnips by carrots.