Time: about 20 minutes
1 head cauliflower, chopped
2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup water
¼ cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a large pot, combine vegetable broth, water, and cauliflower.
2. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender to bite.
3. Purée soup with a hand-held blender. Or, whirl in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Stir in heavy cream, pepper, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt.
5. To serve, transfer the cauliflower soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.