Time: about 45 minutes
1 medium onion
2 oz bacon
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
3 medium fresh tomatoes
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, chives, dill, cress, sorrel)
3 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup vegetable broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 TBSP tomato puree
1. Peel and finely dice onions. Wash and slice zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms. Wash and dice bell peppers and tomatoes.
2. Cut bacon in small pieces.
3. Pan-fry the mushrooms in hot pan und put aside.
4. Add olive oil to hot pan or wok and sauté the onions. Stir in tomato puree.
5. Add remaining vegetables in small portions, depending on their regular cooking time and sauté.
6. Add broth to the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer for 3 – 5 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and bacon, and stir in the heavy cream.
8. Season to taste with herb mix, salt, pepper, paprika, fennel seeds.
9. Serve on soup plates.