Time: about 10 minutes (draining time* is not included)
6 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons safflower oil
freshly ground pepper
- With a julienne peeler create long spaghetti by starting at the top of the zucchini cutting even strips down the length of the zucchini.
Drain zucchini spaghetti of its water before proceeding with a recipe.*
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high.
- Add the safflower oil and zucchini spaghetti.
- Sauté the spaghettis for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the pasta sauce of your choice.
Don’t sauté but placed the spaghetti in a covered microwave safe dish and cook them for about 2 minutes on high.
* To drain: Arrange the zucchini spaghetti in a large shallow bowl and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Let sit for about 30 minutes. Squeeze as much of the liquid out of the spaghetti as possible. Proceed with the recipe.