A quick and warming soup that makes a light meal but also makes a gentle start to a heavier meal.
Time: about 20 minutes
5 cups zucchini, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 medium sizes onions, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp heavy cream
½ fresh lemon, juice
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté for about 1 minute or until the garlic is golden brown.
- Stir in the zucchini and add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until the zucchinis are soft.
- Stir in the spinach, and wait for about 30 seconds or until the spinach leaves have wilted.
- Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stir in heavy cream before serving.