A quick-and-easy breakfast addition. Wrapped with a strip of bacon, the green bean bundles bring more variety into your breakfast routine. You can trim and blanch the beans a day in advance, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Time: about 30 minutes
2 lbs green beans, trimmed, blanched
8 thick bacon slices
1 tbsp safflower oil
½ tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the blanched green beans into 8 equal portions and arrange them into bundles.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the center of each bundle to hold the beans firmly together. Use kitchen twine if necessary.
- In a large nonstick pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the bean bundles and cook from all sides until bacon is browned.
- In another nonstick large pan heat safflower oil over medium high heat. Fry the eggs (over easy, if preferred) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fried eggs and bean bundles to warm plates and serve immediately.