Time: about 30 minutes
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts of similar size, patted dry and pounded with a meat mallet to tenderize and ensure uniform thickness
2 medium leeks, white and tender parts only, cut in 1/2” slices
½ lb cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 large yellow onion
¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
fresh juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp safflower oil
salt and pepper to taste
parchment paper, one side rubbed with olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a nonstick skillet, bring 1 tbsp safflower oil to high heat. Add the chicken breast and sear for about 2 minutes until slightly browned before turning to other side.
- Transfer chicken breast to baking dish, spaced slightly apart. Cover with parchment paper, olive oil side down. Press the parchment down so that it is snug around the chicken. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle of the chicken breasts.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet with 1 tbsp safflower oil over medium high heat. Add onions and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add leeks and tomatoes and stir-fry until slightly wilted and browned in spots.
- Stir in vegetable broth, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables on plates, top with chicken breast, and sprinkle with parsley.