Time: about 50 minutes
4 chicken breasts, about 7 oz each
4 oz ham (optional)
1 small red pepper
14 oz brown mushrooms
2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
2/3 cup vegetable broth
2/3 cup heavy cream
6 TBSP olive oil
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts, and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat 2 TBSP olive oil and sear chicken breast.
3. Grease a casserole with remaining olive oil and line with chicken breasts.
4. Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel, trim off any damaged spots or dirty stems and slice the mushrooms.
5. Wash, trim off the tough dark green leaves and the roots, and slice the leek into rings.
6. Using the skillet, heat 2 TBSP olive oil and sauté mushrooms and leek for about 3 min.
7. Add ham and sauté for another 2 min.
8. Preheat oven to 360° F.
9. Wash and slice red pepper. Top chicken breast evenly with pepper slices.
10. Top with mushroom and leek mixture.
11. In a bowl, combine vegetable broth and cream. Pour over casserole.
12. Cover the casserole and bake in preheated oven at 360° F for about 15 min.
13. Wash and finely chop flat leaf parley.
14. Arrange chicken breasts with mushrooms on plates and garnish with parsley.