This hearty pie makes a meal when served alone or combined with a mixed salad. It can be served warm or at room temperature. It can be prepared ahead of time and provides a great opportunity to use up leftover veggies.
24 oz cottage cheese
5 large eggs
4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
2 leeks, thinly sliced (1/8”)
4 oz carrots, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. In a large pan over medium heat, sauté carrots and leeks with olive oil for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Put cottage cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F.
4. Line quiche pan with parchment paper.
5. Pour cheese egg mixture into quiche pan, then add veggie mix.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350° F for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Add pan fried bacon, finely chopped.
Use your cooked or raw chopped leftover veggies