4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 fresh sage leaves
8 thin slices of Serrano ham
6 cups Boston lettuce or other salad greens
7 oz cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
8 oz olives, pitted
8 oz feta cheese, diced
1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette:
1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
4 tablespoon chilled vegetable broth
Herbs of your choice (chives, parsley, or cilantro, etc.)
4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Place 3 sage leaves on each chicken breast and wrap 2 slices Serrano ham in a slightly overlapping fashion around each chicken breast.
- In an oven-safe pan heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté ham-wrapped chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place oven-safe pan in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are no longer soft to the touch or pink in the center.
- Select a large bowl that will give all the salad ingredients enough room to be tossed. Mix all ingredients for the vinaigrette except for the olive oil and stir well, then beat in the olive oil.
- Add the salad greens, olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese and toss well.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on 4 plates and serve immediately next to the salad.