These zucchini pancakes are light and satisfying. Serve plain or with Tzatziki sauce, hot or cold.
Serves: makes 10 fritters
Time: about 20 minutes
1 lb zucchini, shredded and squeezed
2 scallions, thinly sliced
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup almond flour
1 tsp vegetable broth powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp safflower oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, broth powder, parmesan cheese, and almond flour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan heat 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter for each fritter, and cook about 2 minutes until golden brown. Turn fritters and cook another 2 minutes until underside is golden brown.
- Place on a platter with paper towels to absorb any excess oil of the fritters.
- Serve plain or with Tzatziki sauce.