Not your mother’s cauliflower.
1 large head of cauliflower, cleaned, and leaves and any brown spots trimmed off
1 lb ground beef (90% or higher)
6 fl oz heavy cream
2 tablespoon cottage cheese (creamed or small curd)
3 oz Gruyère de Comté, grated
4 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoon curly parsley, minced
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Place the whole head of cauliflower into a large pot and add one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, one egg, onion, cottage cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
3. Place the head of cauliflower into the middle of a round casserole dish. Distribute the ground beef mixture evenly around the head of cauliflower.
4. Cover the ground beef with the tomato slices.
5. Preheat oven to 400° F.
6. Combine one egg, cream, a pinch of salt, and nutmeg in a small bowl and beat with a whisk until completely mixed.
7. Pour cream egg mixture over cauliflower and ground beef mixture.
8. Top the cauliflower and ground beef with grated cheese.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Replace Gruyère de Comté by Mozzarella cheese or Feta cheese.