Time: about 50 minutes
1 large casserole dish
1 large head of cauliflower, steamed until very tender
18 oz ground beef (or ground turkey)
12 oz tomatoes, skinned, diced
1 medium sized onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp instant vegetable broth powder
3 fresh carrots, grated
2 tbsp sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
3 oz Manchego cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine steamed and well drained cauliflower, and sour cream in food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Process until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saucepan sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add ground beef and stir until it is cooked.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, and stir in vegetable broth powder. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Place the ground beef mix in the large casserole dish.
- Spread the mashed cauliflower on top of the meat and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Variation: Replace Manchego cheese with feta cheese (shown on photo).