Time: about 20 minutes (+ 30 minters baking time)
8 oz ground beef, 90%
1 lb fresh broccoli florets
8 fl oz heavy cream
3.5 oz cream cheese
1 tsp organic vegetable broth powder
1 garlic clove, pressed
salt and pepper to taste
7 oz Gruyere or raclette cheese, grated (alternatively feta cheese, crumbled)
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook broccoli until tender, drain.
- Warm a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and break it into small pieces. Continue breaking the ground meat into smaller pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir occasionally until evenly browned.
- In a medium sized bowl combine heavy cream, cream cheese, and stir in eggs, vegetable broth, and pressed garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish coated with olive oil arrange broccoli and ground meat in layers.
- Pour the cream egg mixture evenly over the last broccoli meat layer. Top evenly with grated cheese.
- Bake covered at 375° for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake another 15 minutes until cheese browns.
Alternative: use feta cheese instead of Gruyere or raclette cheese