3 lbs ground beef, coarse grind
2 large red bell peppers, diced into ¾” cubes
2 large yellow bell peppers, diced into ¾” cubes
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 cups vegetable broth
8 ounces tomato sauce or diced tomato sauce if you like it chunky
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
6 tablespoons Manchego cheese or or other neutral cheese, freshly grated
- In a large pan, brown beef and drain the fat.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
- Add the tomato sauce and the vegetable broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add some water if the chili gets too thick.
- Add bell pepper cubes, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Simmer for another 3 – 5 minutes or until bell pepper cubes are still offering resistance to the bite (‘al dente’).
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated cheese on each serving.
Replace ground beef with ground turkey.
Add your cooked or raw chopped leftover veggies.