Time: about 100 minutes
1.5 lb stewing beef (cubed)
2.5 lb fresh or frozen green beans
1 medium sized yellow onion
1 quart vegetable broth (made fresh or from instant broth)
1 TBSP vegetable oil
2 TSP dried winter savory
- Wash and pat stewing beef dry.
- Trim both ends of the green beans, wash the beans.
- Finely chop onion.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the beef in the vegetable oil.
- Add onions and sauté for an additional 3 to 5 min.
- Add beans, winter savory and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for at least 60 to 90 minutes until the stewing beef is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.