A quick and simple recipe that makes a perfect meal for a day when time is in short supply. You may assemble the meatloaf up to 24 hours ahead of time and refrigerate (covered) until it is time to bake. Need variety? Try some of our suggestions listed below.
Time: about 10 minutes (baking time not included)
1 lb ground beef, 93%
1 cup cottage cheese
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sized raw carrot, ground
1 teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Spread mixture in un-greased loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° F.
- Let meat loaf stand 5 minutes; drain. Remove from pan.
- Add ¼ cup red or green bell peppers, finely chopped, to the mixture
- Or add ¼ cup leeks, finely chopped.
- Add about 4 slices of bacon, chopped and pan fried
- Lay 8 bacon slices over the top but make sure to tuck the ends between the loaf and the pan to avoid them curling and burning.
- Use ½ lb ground beef and ½ lb ground pork for added juiciness.