Though a traditional Schnitzel is breaded, it does not have to be prepared this way to be delicious. Skipping the breading makes the Schnitzel FCD suitable and saves you plenty calories. Serve this dish wish a mixed green salad.
Time: about 45 minutes (including baking time)
4 boneless pork chops, 150g – 200g each, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness (pounding tenderizes the meet)
1 medium sized Hokkaido squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place squash cubes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top and toss to coat well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until squash is to desired tenderness.
- Salt and pepper pork chops.
- About 6 minutes before the squash is tender, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add pork chops to skillet, fry, turning once, until well-browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve pork chops with squash, and some mixed green salad if you like
- 4 veal cutlets pounded to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Replace blue Hokkaido squash with butternut squash.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon oregano over the top of the squash cubes before you toss to coat well.